Quick user guide for observers using NIKA
- In the green PAKO window, check that:
- set dosubmit YES
- offsets -4.4 18 /SYS Nasmyth
- SET Pointing 0 0
- SET Focus -1.3
- Periodically, run @NikaTeam/focusliss. Reduce this in IDL with e.g.: nk_focus_liss, '20150126s'+strtrim([21,22,23,24,25],2). To save time, you may run nk_rta in the standard way when each of these scans is finished, then do nk_focus_liss when they're all done. Choose the focus value for the 1mm channel by default.
- When you have applied the focus correction, do @NikaTeam/cross and apply the pointing corrections given for the 2mm. Yes, focus is optimized on the 1mm but pointing on the 2mm.
- then proceed with your own observation script.